I use Qubes successfully for my daily work and it works perfectly for me on this machine. Thanks to the Qubes Team for making it possible, especially providing i3 support in dom0. Although I cannot tweak the i3 configuration, as Qubes simply ignores the changes I made to the i3 key bindings. But I can live with the standard configuration for the time being.

The only trouble I sometimes have is to correctly suspend and resume the machine. This only works when I do not have an HVM Qube running. As soon as I start my Windows 7 HVM Qube and try to suspend the machine, it completely stalls and can only be recovered by a hardware reset. According to the documentation, it should work, but I didn't yet manage to get around this issue. Maybe it is a configuration issue with this particular machine?

One question concerning hardware support: I must use a smartcard for authentication at work. However, currently Qubes does not support the built-in smartcard reader. Thus, it cannot be passed to a Qube. Using a USB reader instead doesn't work either as a USB device cannot be passed to the Windows 7 HVM. So I need to use a different machine for authentication. Will there be any solution in the future?

In summary, Qubes is a reliable and secure solution for the mobile desktop covering 99% of my daily tasks.