Hello,

inspired by many yubikey mails here I have thought a moment about 2fa.
To my pov the best thing would be to avoid usb as communication device
(I guess many agree here :))

So what else? I see in the moment 3 frequently available objects on a
notebook that may be used creatively:

a) the sound card : use it as a modem! A typical OTP is 64-128 bit long,

    a normal yubikey pwd seem even shorter. => So communication speed is
of no importance.

b) the i2C bus hidden in your VGA / DVI / HDMI cable. It is a full
serial bus ... but this

    may be not so easy to use.

c) a "fingerprint scanner". Of course never feed it your fingerprint.
But it is a funny input device! Did anyone of you see guys who use it to
feed other data than fingerprints?

Cheers, Bernhard