My friend gave me this low cost HP AMD laptop to test with Qubes, which should
be quite similar by hardware to other low cost HP laptops out there... First of
all I installed the latest BIOS update "F22" which came out yesterday.
Unfortunately the HCL for this laptop says "I/O MMU: Not active" despite that
virtualization in BIOS is enabled. Guess that is what you get with closed
source BIOS... :P It is much better to get a Lenovo G505S laptop - not only it
has APU A10-5750M which is 1.5x faster than E2-7110, G505S also has open source
coreboot BIOS will all the features enabled (
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/TS1zfKZ7q8w/JQFkVF4xBgAJ )