On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 7:07:18 PM UTC, Vít Šesták wrote:
> I don't know the “auto” option, but it probably behaves the same as with
> Fedora.
>
> Just a quick guess: Your Windows partition is still present on your HDD, but
> you cannot boot Windows (see below why). I don't believe the installer to be
> so stupid to replace existing partitions.
>
> For security reasons, dualboot is not supported by default. In past, it used
> to be enabled, but this has caused some potential security issues:
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-secpack/blob/master/QSBs/qsb-020-2015.txt
>
> If you want dualboot, you still can: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/multiboot/
>
> If you want to access data stored on Windows partition from QubesOS (with all
> drawbacks related to accessing NTFS from Linux), I suggest this:
>
> 1. Create an AppVM for that. (Alternatively: use disposable VM)
> 2. In Qubes Manager, attach the Windows partition.
> 3. In the AppVM, you can mount it and browse it, like on usual Linux
> distributions. (You need NTFS drivers installed.)
>
> Regards,
> Vít Šesták 'v6ak'

HI Vit, thank you for the reply.

I jumped into this thinking the PC had the Legacy option but was mistaken so I
don't have the dual boot option available after all.

I got to step 3 but then wasn't able to find a way to mount it in the AppVM to
view it?

I was able to view everything on that partition but the only way I could figure
it out was to install Disks application in the personal VM but everything's
there.

I have no doubt I'll be back with other issues, would like to move over to this
but a steep learning curve.

Thanks