On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Drew White <drew.qu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi,

> I want to set the NTP protocol to target the parent VM and on the NetVM or
> Sys-Firewall have that as the NTP server that feeds everything under it.

No, you don't want that.

> Thus only one VM calls the external source at a lesser interval to do the
> requests.

That is already how it works.

> How, in this system, do I perform this to get that to work please?

Well, one would start by reading and understanding the relevant source:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-agent-linux/blob/master/qubes-rpc/qubes.SetDateTime
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-agent-linux/blob/master/qubes-rpc/qubes.SyncNtpClock
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-agent-linux/blob/master/qubes-rpc/sync-ntp-clock

> The "ClockVM" does not seem to be operating the way I would have thought a
> "ClockVM" would.

Only the ClockVM to uses NTP at all, and it sends the time back to
dom0. The rest of the VMs get their time set by dom0 via
qubes.SetDateTime service.

There are many reasons for this, including eliminating redundant
network traffic, and the fact that it is desirable for time to be
correct in all VMs (including those intentionally without any network
access).

> Is there a bug in it?

Lets see...

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues?q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aopen%20ntp