On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 11:05:16AM -0400, Jean-Philippe Ouellet wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Samuel Hentschel <hentsche...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I have terrible vision and I just got a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen3
> > specifically for Qubes.  Its got WQHD and everything is *tiny*.  I
> > have played with the DPI and with font sizes and can't seem to get it
> > right.  What is the best way to get the font sizes larger in AppVMs?
>
> First, I'd recommend decreasing your overall screen resolution in
> dom0. If you don't want tiny text anyway, it's friendlier on battery
> life to have less pixels rendered in AppVMs anyway since AppVM
> contents are all rendered by the CPU (no GPU access in domU for
> security reasons). In my experience this will also improve your
> performance when watching videos as well.

This really helped!  I hadn't thought to turn down the resolution, all I
did was play with the DPI and font sizes.  After turning down the
resolution I ended up getting the graphics *basically* perfect.  Thanks
JPO.

> > Also, I tried to open up a DispVM and nothing came up.  Qubes says
> > that its tarting one up, but nothing ever shows up.  What am I doing
> > wrong?
>
> No idea. There are many possible reasons and you haven't given much
> information to help us guess.

I played with it for a bit longer and it all of a sudden started
working.  Now I've got everything using DispVMs.

> > Finally, how should I go about sending in an HCL?  I was going to try
> > and put all the features of Qubes in (including AEM) and was
> > interested in helping the community grow.
>
> See https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/hcl/#generating-and-submitting-new-reports

Perfect, I'll get all that set up and get a report in!

Again, thanks for the help!  Can't wait to get rolling on this OS!