On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 10:55:18 PM UTC+5:30, J. Eppler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an issue with the debian 8 template under Qubes OS 3. The locals are
> not set correctly.
> The problem is that I cannot start gnome-terminal over the menu:
>
> try to start gnome-terminal in xterm:
> (process:6203): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>     Using the fallback 'C' locale.
> Error constructing proxy for org.gnome.Terminal:/org/gnome/Terminal/Factory0:
> Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.Terminal:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
> org.gnome.Terminal exited with status 8
>
> the bash message if I switch from user to root via sudo su:
> bash: warning: setlocal: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
>
> the settings are like this:
> LANGUAGE= (unset)
> LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8"
> LANG = (unset)
>
> does somebody has the same problem?
>
> Best regards
>   J. Eppler

I too encounterred the same problem i tried running the dpkg-reconfigure
command too but that didn't solve it.The solution that solved  my problem was
by directly
 **Opening Settings->Region and Language
                                        ->Formats=>India
                                        ->Language=>English
 **
Then restarted the system that solved my problem..Hope this helps. :)