On Wed, 26 Apr 2017, Mike ru q fed wrote:

> Update of qubes.foo.* and Xen-4.6.4-26.fc23 x86_64 packages in Dom0 -> slow
> lagging mouse and window behavior  ; luckily  I new qube user and just kept
> reinstalling,  which fixed the behaviour,  I've update debian and fedora and
> whonix now  and all is well,  however,  I'd like to update dom0  but  don't
> trust it, after  specifically updating only the packages labeled  qubes-xxx
> and Xen-xxx   , rebooting and confirming the problem.
>
> I was told on reddit that this is a known issue, however, reviewing the
> newsgroup  I don't see any mention of lag after dom0  updates,  I not expert
> level with linux , but used Debian back in the day , so can handle a certain
> level of tweaking only

Now that you mention, I've also recently seen some GUI lagging I've not
experienced before. However, also the combination of vms/applications
I'm using while the lag appears is something I've not used before so I
cannot be sure if it's new or not.

If it is a new issue, I don't think xen has much to do with it since I've
run 4.6.4 for quite long time already.

And before somebody suggests, this GUI lagging is unrelated to the VM
freeze issue that is known to be caused by the gui-agent changes (and a
fixed version of it is already in -testing repo). No freezing occurs,
just slow to draw and somewhat lagging input side.

--
 i.