On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 11:31:53 AM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:
> On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:52:15 AM UTC-4, Mystic Buyer wrote:

> > > what hdd you installing to? how is it attached, shows up in bios?  whats
> > > your pc specs? what is hdd settings in bios? legacy boot mode?  you dual
> > > booting?
> > >
> > > Did you do a integrity check from the qubes menu before installing?
> > > Check key sigs before burning iso?
> > >
> > > Maybe try this program instead of rufus:
> > > https://www.netbsd.org/~martin/rawrite32/
> > >
> > > even better use dd from a linux machine if possible.
> >
> > I am trying to install it on my Dell xps 15 9560 - 16GB DDR, 512GB SSD. I
> > am trying to install it on the SSD on my laptop, its a Toshiba make it is
> > set to RAID enabled in Bios, booting in UEFI mode. Any pointers on how to
> > check the integrity of the qubes os. I did the first option to check if
> > qubes is original before installing but it gave up on me and froze, so I
> > suppose I'll have to do it by comparing my self. I tried installing on my
> > Acer Aspire V, which is of much lower architecture with 6GB DDR and lower
> > specs than xps 15 and it was installed and working good except the touch
> > pad isn't recognized. I am wondering what is wrong with my xps 15. Any
> > suggestions? And also pointers on checking the Integrity of Qubes.
>
> Don't set it to raid if only a single drive try AHCI if installing Qubes only
> on the drive.  Also try legacy boot mode instead of uefi if your bios have
> the option.  The installer should verify the files automatically but its one
> of the options next to install qubes when the usb first boots.  Is that what
> you mean that it froze?  that shouldn't happen.

Thank you for the quick reply. So I did think about changing from RAID to AHCI,
but I am not sure how I should go about it safely if anything could go wrong
with the os.

There is an option for Legacy boot mode but I think since I am able to boot
into the installer that shouldn't be a problem, or is it?

And yes I did select the verify qubes before the install qubes option, and it
did for upto 8% and it said it failed and froze on me.

Just to make sure that the problem was with the internal ssd not being
recognized I connected via a usb and external HDD and qubes did recognized that
in the installation destination page. So I really don't know how should I get
internal disk to be detected for installation.