Alex:
> On 04/29/2017 07:19 AM, -- wrote:
>> Hello, What behavior should I expect with 2 monitors plugged into say
>> HDMI and Display Port  and/or D-subs  in Qubes?  I just get 1
>> monitor, and would like two.... I've read somewhere else that someone
>> did Setting Editor-> displays -> default -> position -> X -> integer
>> 0  , checked off the box I guess and doubled the horizontal monitor
>> resolution, however this doesn't work for me. If I knew it's not
>> really supporting dual monitors, again, that would be fine, and I'd
>> give up ....:)   thx
>>
> It mostly depends on linux driver availability for your video adapter.
> I'm currently using a 6 displayport monitor setup with Qubes and a
> Matrox C680, and besides a very rare situation in which one of the
> monitors doesn't wake from standby, everything works. I can't get 60fps
> video, but that's not what I'm looking for on this workstation.
>
> What hardware are you trying to run the dual monitor setup on? Are there
> known issues with linux drivers? Please remember that, on the hardware
> side and if the hardware is not assigned to a specific AppVM, Qubes
> behaves just like the OS in dom0 would - in Qubes 3.2, this is a Fedora
> 23 setup.

Alex,
I have two computers, On both what happens is it mirrors the primary
display, but I'm wanting to expand/extend the display not clone it :)

They are both onboard Intel CPU graphics, I'd have to look up what comes
with skylake and kabylake.

Fwiw, I have a dual/multi boot systems and in Linux Mint and Fedora, the
monitors are automagically being extended fine.

How would I assign hardware to a specific AppVM,  I'm a new user ...