Hello,

since debian-8 rebraded icedove thunderbird, they are all dead. On the
command line the just spill out "Killed" verbose or safe-mode give no
better information. This may or may not be linked to the change in
debian8 - it may also be linked to the "immutable script" in rc.local
that I copied after some hardening discussion here in the forum 2 months
ago. I don't see how, but since I am lost I look for any possibility.
May you help me?  Thx, Bernhard