On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 12:00:18AM -0700, blacklight wrote:
> On Friday, 2 June 2017 03:41:28 UTC+2, yreb-qusw  wrote:
> > It then goes to main_qube_username/Pictures
> >
> > However in a Terminal I don't see any hierachy like that, nor how to
> > allow something like  the desktop background  utility to use  what I've
> > grabbed.
> >
> > I understand that dom0 is not supposed to have a filestructure , but
> > where or how to interact with things that  appear to be confined to dom0?
>
> actully dom0 has a file structure, but its just advised to use dom0 for
> anything other than management.

There are tools mooted which will allow for easier use of !"print
screen".
Currently though, the screen grabs will be saved to dom0.

If you open a terminal in dom0 you should be able to navigate to
~/Pictures and see the image files there.
You can use qvm-copy-to-vm and qvm-move-to-vm in dom0 to get files in
to your qubes.

If you just want to set the desktop background, right click on the
desktop and select "Desktop Settings". You can then use the "Folder"
button to browse the filesystem in dom0 and select a screenshot you've
made.

unman