On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 04:17:00AM -0700, barberdai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ok let me start off by saying I am new to qubes. I have been enjoying using
> it for the past month. However I have come across a major problem.... I
> cannot log on to qubes or access any of my vm's after trying to enable wifi.
> As my keyboard and mouse have been disabled and I cannot enter user password.
>
> Let me try and explain the problem in full here
>
> So I was following this tutorial on youtube
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFwbQ06h8Qo
>
> from internet.me who I found to be very informative. Unfortunately for me
> when the msgbox appeared saying "do you allow domain sys-usb to execute
> qubes.InputMouse operation on the domain "dom 0" everything freezes
> permanently and I cannot use keyboard or mouse any more.
>
> Eventually I restart machine and cannot input disk password however when I
> remove the hide_all_usb section from the grub I can now enter disk password
> but cannot enter the user password that follows. I am stuck here and cannot
> access any of my information which is important to my work. I have tried
> using a PS2 keyboard but have had no success. I have tried googling similar
> problems but they all assume I can access the dom0 domain. I would greatly
> appreciate any assistance anyone could provide.

It sounds to me as if you have not succeeded in having the sys-usb
proxy mouse and keyboard to dom0. I think that was covered in the video
where he sets the policy to "allow" - obviously you didn't follow this
step.
If you think you DID do this, try unplugging and replugging the mouse
and keyboard to see if you can get one or other working. If you just get
that prompt, you didn't configure policy correctly.

You don't say why a PS2 keyboard doesn't work - it should. Do you get any
response to key presses? (Lights coming on etc?)
I don't know what level of competence in Linux you have, (as opposed to
Qubes). You could boot from a live usb, and stop sys-usb from starting:
this would at least allow you back in and you would be able to
configure the box correctly.