> I'm a strong advocate of using minimal (or smaller) templates, customised for
> specific use cases. Some people HATE this approach.
>
> unman

Really? Coming from the sort of people with the patience for an OS like Qubes?
I'd think anyone who's involved enough to have an opinion would be in favor of
that -- that's kind of the idea here, isn't it? One thing I wish I could change
would be the visual clutter it produces; anybody know of a means to flag these
VMs as internal so I can hide the ones I'm not interested in seeing regularly?
That being said, I'm definitely in agreement with you, unman. Would you
recommend any particular setup for a more granular approach? My current
arrangement of VMs [work in progress; suggestions welcome!] is structured like
this as of now:

- dom0
- fedora-24

- dispVM(s)
- fedora-24-minimal ( ... > derivative templates > appVM > packages*)

- fedora-24-min-net

- sys-net**

- General-purpose: gnome-keyring, less, man, pciutils, psmisc, sudo,
vim-minimal, xterm
- Template-specific: dbus-x11, dejavu-sans-fonts, NetworkManager,
NetworkManager-wifi, network-manager-applet, notification-daemon, tinyproxy
- fedora-24-min-frwll

- sys-firewall

- No additional packages; effectively a clone of the Fedora-24-minimal template.
- fedora-24-min-vpn

- sys-vpn

- G.P.: sudo, xterm
- T.S.: [TBD; trying out some different VPNs atm]
- fedora-24-min-usb

- sys-usb

- G.P.: sudo, xterm
- T.S.: qubes-input-proxy-sender
- fedora-24-min-pen

- pentest

- G.P.: sudo, xterm
- T.S.: aircrack-ng, ettercap, kismet, nmap, nmap-telcat, tcpdump,
wireshark***, [remaining packages TBD]

* The concomitant dependencies aren't included in these lists (n.b. packages
are installed in the respective templateVM)
** Can't quite get this one to run properly yet; I presume I need to install a
proprietary driver in the template to make this work for my machine(?)
*** Very interested in trying out v6ak's split-wireshark" idea but haven't
found the time yet. Thanks for sharing that idea, v6ak!

- TN