I am perplexed by the challenge of containing Twitter use in Qubes.

With Twitter, you must be logged in to effectively read or write.

On the read side, it is a wildly promiscuous experience exposing the user to
various untrusted sites. Indeed a key goal of using Twitter is to discover new
sites and media.

On the write side, it is very sensitive, containing private messages, the
ability to post public messages with significant personal reputational risks,
and even to do lightweight out-of-band authentication for other channels.

If I had to pick from the default VMs, I would probably put Twitter in
“untrusted” due to the risks on the read side, even though the account itself
is sensitive and ideally you would not put such write capabilities in a "wild
west” environment like “untrusted." Perhaps better is to just make a “twitter”
vm to keep the damage of any compromise contained to the Twitter account
itself. Most ideal, in the future, would be to combine this last approach with
a Qubes browser add-on and force each non-twitter link to open in another VM,
either disposable or the “untrusted”.

(Has anyone figured out a better approach?)