THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the website 3 days ago).

PROBLEM: Internet connection does not work, neither with Wi-Fi once connected to my home router, neither with Ethernet (which Qubes can't even detect if the cable is plugged in or not, it permanently displays "Disconnected").

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
1-Once the ethernet cable is plugged in the proper ethernet port of the computer, it should display "Connection Established" with a notification in top right corner; 2-Once the Wi-fi is "Connected", I should be able to ping google.com with the command "ping google.com -c 5" inside the sys-net terminal.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR:
1-Once the ethernet cable is plugged in, absolutely nothing happens. And on system boot, once the desktop is loading (and if Wi-Fi is disconnected), the notification "Disconnected - the network connection has been disconnected" appears in the top right corner. 2-Once the wi-fi connection is established (without any problems at all), it simply doesn't work, like if it was disconnected. In fact when I go to sys-net terminal and execute the command "ping google.com -c 5" it waits a few seconds before displaying "ping: unknown host google.com".

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW, AND WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
1-The ethernet cable, Wi-Fi card, Ethernet card, of the computer are all perfectly working; 2-Both Ethernet and Wi-fi cards are attached to sys-net VM, under 'devices' as it should be; 3-Both the Wi-Fi card and the Ethernet card are recognized by Qubes, in fact, here's the output of 2 known commands:

"ifconfig" output below. NOTE: I MODIFIED the inet6 address, and the ethernet addresses from "Vif2.0" and "wlp0s1" respectively, I would prefer to keep them private. :

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0 inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host> loop txqueuelen 1 (Local Loopback) RX packets 36 bytes 4008 (3.9 KiB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 36 bytes 4008 (3.9 KiB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

vif2.0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 10.137.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast 0.0.0.0 inet6 fd72::dasd:sdas:gfgd:gffw prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link> ether dt:fd:nb:qw:as:fd txqueuelen 32 (Ethernet) RX packets 130 bytes 6464 (6.3 KiB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 44 bytes 2472 (2.4 KiB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

wlp0s1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 192.168.178.76 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.178.255 inet6 og45::9n32:j7qq:ofk4:pd92 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link> ether x3:p8:l0:b7:po:33 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 238 bytes 56207 (54.8 KiB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 278 bytes 27217 (26.5 KiB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

"lspci" output below. NOTE: I MODIFIED the Ltd. RTL identification strings, I would prefer to keep them private. :

00:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL0000/0000/0000 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0c) 00:01.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL000000 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter

4-This problem has been present since the first installation, occured 3 days ago, in the meanwhile I tried to fix it asking on reddit/r/qubes/ and on whonix forum; 5-From the same usb containing Qubes installation, I have installed qubes in another computer of mine(laptop), and on it I did not have such problems (and I used the same ethernet cable); 6-I'm not sure this is as it should be or not: during installation (which I have repeated in the last 3 days literally 8-9 times across different pcs.), at any point, I came across a Network setup configuration like in every other operating system I have ever used (linuxes and windows), and a guy on reddit told me he went through something like that;
7-NOT a very important point, you can skeep this one if you want.
I noticed that during boot on my laptop pc (the one where internet works perfectly) when it asks for the passphrase, it loads a proper window, with background and box to type in the passphrase. In my desktop computer instead (the one with the internet problem), this does not occur, I have to type the passphrase directly in the boot. All of this made me think that Qubes installation is everytime overfitted for the current hardware.

TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED TO SEE AND I'LL POST.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS, QUBES WITHOUT INTERNET IS POINTLESS, and you'll help me get rid of this powerful headache I have right now.