On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 09:01:41AM -0700, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> On 07/07/2017 10:20 AM, 'Protonmij' via qubes-users wrote:
> > As recommended by Qubes, I have installed Coreboot on my X230 - which
> > successfully runs Debian, Tails etc. I've tried to run Qubes 3.2 but
> > although the Installer process works OK, Qubes refuses to boot [hangs].
> > From what I can gather, its a Zen issue that's preventing the boot.
> > I had hoped the issue would be resolved in Qubes 4. However, I've been
> > disappointed - I get exactly the same symptoms having downloaded the
> > trial version from
> > https://ftp.qubes-os.org/~marmarek/Qubes-DVD-x86_64-20170706.iso
> > <https://ftp.qubes-os.org/%7Emarmarek/Qubes-DVD-x86_64-20170706.iso>
> > Is this an isolated example or is there a wider problem with Coreboot
> > and Qubes?
>
> Can you provide any more details about at what point in the boot process
> it hangs? It's hard to suggest anything to try based on the current
> description.

Just want to add that there are no "wider problem" with Qubes and
Coreboot, that I know of. I've been using this setup on my X220 without
hurdles for 6 months now.

Protonmij,

* What payload are you using for Coreboot?
* Did you configure SeaBIOS and GRUB correctly?
* Did you flash a working GRUB config together with the firmware?

Also as Andrew mentioned it is very hard to diagnose anything without a
better description of what actually happens when you try to boot.

-- noor

|_|O|_|
|_|_|O|  Noor Christensen

  • [qubes... 'Protonmij' via qubes-users