On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:03:09AM +0200, Rune Philosof wrote:
> > I get an error in Fedora 23 Chromium, that I don't get in Firefox or in
> > Chromium on Debian 8.
>
> This is a well known bug in Chrome - fixed I think in 55, and therefore in
> the Debian version.
> You really shouldnt be using Fedora 23 any more - update your template
> manually or install a new template:
> in dom0 sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-24
>
> unman

Fedora 23 is default in Qubes 3.2.
Fedora 24 isn't exactly recommended on
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-versions/#templatevms.
Although Fedora 23 is unsupported by Fedora. So I agree that Qubes should
start informing users that they should upgrade to Fedora 24.

Maybe your upgrade instruction 'sudo qubes-dom0-update
qubes-template-fedora-24' should be included on
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/template/fedora/upgrade-23-to-24/ with some
explanation about why one would choose one method over the other.

--
*Rune Schjellerup Philosof*