On Thu, 2017-07-06 at 09:01 +0200, 'Olivier Médoc' via qubes-users
wrote:
> On 07/04/2017 08:40 AM, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone give any pointers what needs to be done to have "qubes-
> > usb-
> > proxy" available in the ArchLinux template kindly provided by
> > Olivier
> > Medoc? Is there a howto on building this package anywhere?
> >
> > I have the template running nicely following Olivier's recent hints
> > in
> > the group (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/5EJxdzgeRLY/
> > rI5d
> > otHTAQAJ), but would like to be able to pass usb device through to
> > it -
> > the Medoc-repo does not seem to contain the qubes-usb-proxy package
> >
> > Thank you for any hints.
> >
> > Sincerely, Joh
>

> Hello,
>
> Are you talking about qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy repository [1] ?
>
> I don't think somebody worked on this package for archlinux yet.
>
> In order to implement it, you need to create a PKGBUILD and integrate
> it into qubes builder.
>
> The simplest way is to copy on qubes-gui-common builder [2]. You need
> to:
> - Create inside qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy a archlinux directory
> - Create a PKGBUILD file into this directory and adapt it to build
> qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy
> - Edit Makefile.builder inside qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy and add the
> following line:
>
> ARCH_BUILD_DIRS := archlinux
>
> This should be sufficient to start building an archlinux package
> using 'make app-linux-usb-proxy-vm' inside qubes-builder.
>
> The difficult part is then to test that everything work properly as
> it is often required to adapt code in order to get it working
> properly in archlinux.
>

> [1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy
> [2] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-gui-common

Hello,

Thank you for your pointers - I started exploring this:
- created a fedora 25- based development machine
- followed your docu at https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/building-archlinux
-template/
- cloned qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy as a git submodule into the qubes-
src directory

I cannot build that module though: "No rule to make target 'app-linux-
usb-proxy'" - what am I still misiing?

Joh