On 07/12/2017 05:22 PM, hora...@mailfence.com wrote:
Have tried unsuccessfully to recover a backup file using Paranoid-Mode. I get
the following message:
ERROR: paranoid-mode: error loading VM from qubes.xml QubesAppVM: invalid
kernel 4.4.67.12.

I've checked the default kernel from Qubes VM Manager ----> System--->Global
Settings and its 4.4.67.13.
When I restored the backup files by conventional means [i.e. VM Manager] the
kernel for all Apps is 4.4.67.13

Anyone any idea why paranoid mode fails?

I'm not sure why handling of the kernel version would fail for paranoid mode but not for regular restore. My guess is the latter is being overly strict and that this could be a bug...

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett