Le samedi 15 juillet 2017 20:20:55 UTC+2, Noor Christensen a écrit :
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 10:55:16AM -0700, cyrinux wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have 20gb memory, but I use a lot of VM.
> > Sometimes xorg is randomly kill.
> > I would like to protect xorg from being killed. I'm trying to play with
> > overcommit but is it a good idea?
> > Must I boot dom0 minimal memory?
> >
> > Bonus: after a xorg crash, I can't reconnect to guid daemon. How to do? I
> > use i3, is it a i3 problem?
> > Regards
>
> What version of Qubes are you running on your dom0?
>
> By "using a lot of VM", do you mean virtual memory or virtual machines?
> For clarity, I will use the term meaning the latter, and "virtual
> memory" when referring to the former.
>
> Just want to make clear since the topic makes it a bit ambiguous :-)
>
> Is it your dom0 Xorg process that is being killed, or one that is
> running in a VM?
>
> You might want to take a look at how your resources are being used by
> dom0 and any running VMs. Run "xentop" in a dom0 terminal for a nice
> realtime summary.
>
> -- noor
>
> |_|O|_|
> |_|_|O|  Noor Christensen

Hi Noor,
By VM, i mean Virtual Machine (we can say Qubes), I have at minimum 15 Qubes
running.
It is xorg in dom0 which is killed, I type 'dmesg' in dom0 terminal and see it
is killed.
I will retry to play with xentop. In idle my dom0 use 700MB (and 2200MB
cache)/~3000MB.
About reconnect to guid, before i use 'qvm-run --all true' to reconnect to
them, but after this OOM this doesn't work. Do you have an idea?

Regards