On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 03:20:44PM -0400, 'P R' via qubes-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 15.07.2017 10:45 vorm. schrieb "Noor Christensen" <
> kchr+qubes-us...@fripost.org>:
>

> I found this project the other day: https://github.com/rustybird/
> qubes-split-dm-crypt
>
> Haven't tried it myself yet but it looks like it could fit your idea.
>

> Thank you for the link, very interesting!
> As far as I understand the qubes-split-dm-crypt has a security benefit as
> the credentials are not entered in an AppVM where the encrypted partition
> should be mounted but in another VM.
> As such there is less opportunity to grab the passphrase as it is entered
> in another VM.
>
> As far as I have understand 'codegeak98' he is asking for a solution to
> store data in one storage qube, which might be accessed by several AppVMs
> while still beeing sure that the data is protected from access by other VMs
> or even the storage Qube itself.

Yeah, I'm looking for a similar solution myself...

I think we can learn a lot from the qubes-split-dm-crypt for this since
it's more or less the same workflow but without the LUKS layer.

But if someone else have a working solution to the use case please
share!

-- noor

|_|O|_|
|_|_|O|  Noor Christensen