Jean-Philippe Ouellet:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:32 PM, js...@riseup.net <js...@riseup.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been having some problems with this myself. Specifically, I'm not
>> sure how to pass my USB printer to an appVM. The only thing I can see to
>> do is to attach my whole USB controller to a VM, but I'm pretty sure if
>> I do that I'll lose my input devices (USB keyboard and mouse) and not be
>> able to control the system.
>
> See
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb/#attaching-a-single-usb-device-to-a-qube-usb-passthrough
>
>> Do you have to have a usbvm (sys-usb) in order to get this to work?
>
> Yes.

Thanks for the reply! I had seen that documentation, but I was hoping
there was another way to do it.

It looks like I can't create a usbvm, because I'm using a desktop
computer with no PS/2 ports and only one USB controller, and so I need
my USB controller in dom0 to use my keyboard and mouse.

Am I wrong about that? If not, it looks like I'm hosed as far as USB
printers are concerned. Oh well. Qubes is still worth it anyway, and I
can always copy files over to my other machine via USB stick when I need
to print something.