The machine I'm testing on is a Dell Latitude E7470.

> 1) Hardware that used to work with 4.4 or 4.8 no longer works with 4.9.

The computer now greets me with a black screen (hung? I don't know) when coming
out of sleep. Thankfully I don't usually put the machine to sleep, so I can
live with it.

> 2) Hardware that didn't work with 4.4 or 4.8 still doesn't work.

I can now disable tap-to-click. Finally!

> 4) General feedback on the 4.9 kernel.

Other than the two things above, nothing has changed as far as I can tell.