On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:10:57 AM UTC-5, cdga...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > properly
> > >

> > did you tried to switch video output?
> > I would start with X11 instead of automatic.
> >

> Not sure what you mean, but have other pressing projects to work on right
> now. Will look into it further in the future when I have the time available.
>
> As per above, VLC is a make or break for me - but others (eg: gamers) would
> benefit from detaching GPU from Dom0 and attaching GPU to their games domain
> qube, if it meant that OpenGL could then be available to the attached qube

When you have more time to look into this again, looks like this guy was able
to pass his GPU through to his Windows HVM:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Qubes/comments/66wk4q/gpu_passthrough/

Might be an option for you. You could Skype/VLC in your Windows VM. I use my
WinVM do to Sharepoint and MS Office stuff and it works pretty well. Good luck!