cooloutac:
> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 8:24:44 PM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:

>>> Was going to post the same. 2 Russian researchers that a couple weeks ago
>>> found out a way to clean some modules on Intel ME now have found a
>>> significative exploit that allows them to actually run code on a piece of
>>> hardware with direct access to the network. The scary thing is - it's
>>> impossible to detect.
>>
>> and thats prolly just what we know about lol.
>
> I feel like cause I live in nyc that you just expect this type of stuff from
> your friends and neighbors hahaha.  maybe not the same means but the same
> ends.  but ya hardware level stuff is scary,  cause that means real security
> means alot of money, so poor people are screwed.

My motherboard has a "Disable ME" jumper. Not good enough for many of
you, I know.

As far as AMT, apparently the entry is through Intel NICs. I hoped to
mitigate it by using a third party NIC. The Intel device stayed lit
(amber, not green) on power off, my new one is completely off when
powered off.