On September 26, 2017 4:20:34 AM MDT, Chris Laprise <tas...@posteo.net> wrote:
>On 09/25/2017 07:12 PM, Ron Hunter-Duvar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My first Qubes install ended up unbootable, and I didn't have a
>recent enough backup of my VMs. So I booted from a Ubuntu live cd,
>mounted the partitions, and copied everything off to a backup drive and
>did a clean reinstall.
>>
>> Now I've copied my appvms back to /var/lib/qubes/appvms/, but they
>don't show up in the VM Manager.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to get these appvms useable again?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron
>>

>Try using `qvm-add-appvm vmname templatename`.

Doesn't that just create a new appvm? I want to access my existing ones from
the previous install, not create new ones. I put a lot of hours into getting
them set up the way I wanted them, and they contain important data I don't want
to lose.

I am wondering if creating new ones of the same name, then overwriting the img
files with the old ones would work.

Thanks,
Ron