Hello,

Thanks to the Qubes-Team for releasing v4.0-rc2.
After having problems with my Lenovo X230 and 4.0rc1 I decided to wait for the
next release and gave it a try yesterday.

I went through the installation process and booting up was fine, even when
running Coreboot.

Some feedback:

1) I had to boot 2 times until the sys-net VM could launch network manager.

2) it feels like the starting of VMs is a slower than on Qubes 3.2.
My X230 has 16GB RAM and a 500GB SSD, i5-CPU, so I don't understand the light
performance loss.

3) starting VMs fails occasionally:
The auto start of sys-firewall fails. I tried to manually start it and run a
terminal with:

qvm-start sys-firewall && qvm-run --gui sys-firewall Gnome-Terminal

I see that the VM seems to start up (Qubes Icon on top right corner, shows a
"progress circle icon" behind sys-firewall, but the start is aborted and I get
an error message:
"cannot execute qrexec-daemon"

3) missing Feature:
It seems that is not possible to hide VMs from the startmenu as before.
In Qubes 3.2 there was the option in Qubes Manager "Internal" which would hide
the VM.
It was also possible to use "qvm-prefs -s  internal true"
Please bring back this feature as it allows me to keep my list of VMs in the
menu "clean and lean"

Any idea what I can do to fix 2)?

[799]