When install Qubes 4.0rc2, I accidentally hit configure twice. (The second time
it errored out).  The result is that there is no debian template.

I tried to install debian-9, (sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-9),
but have others have pointed out that template is not working.

I tried to reinstall debian-8.  (sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-8)
This was unsuccessful, even after doing: sudo yum remove qubes-template-debian-8
which returned an error.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

thanks,
Jon