On 11/20/2017 09:34 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:

> If possible, you should try doing a full update with testing release:
>
> qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes*testing
Thank you for helping me. I'll try this out quickly & tell (all of) you
on this list.
>> 2) I created a large (150G) personal appvm. The "max system storage" is
>> still 10G and I don't see how/where this could be changed.   When
>> playing back backups, the fs is de facto limited to these 10G - so rsync
>> fails at some stage;  from this moment on reboots fail as well (with
>> qrexec-error). journalctl gives no help (the journal keeps silent while
>> launching "qvm-start personal" in the neighbour terminal).
>
> System storage (the template) is different than private storage, and I
> believe its the latter you should be concerned about. Not sure just
> how you are using rsync... a lot depends on what your source and
> target are.

Here is my procedure: I have a usb disc. I attach it to the appvm, loop
the luks container to /dev/loopX, cryptsetup luksOpen it, and mount then
the /dev/mapper/backup . Then I use (as root)   rsync -auv
/backup/appvm-name  /home/user/    . The data is 140G so I gave 150G to
the appvm as private storage. The rsync fails after ~6GB of data
transferred. Is this possble since the (standard install) LVM-thin
cannot provide  quickly enough disc space??

Alternatively I can start the appvm,  pause it, attach its private.img
to sys-usb and follow then the above procedure as root in sys-usb (this
is how I made the backups, since I prefer doing them by hand).

Is there some flaw in my procedure? Thank you, Bernhard