On 11/28/2017 11:30 AM, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users wrote:

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 03:38:02 CET Andrew David Wong wrote:
Our position is that reasonable security
via compartmentalization (of which Qubes is an implementation) requires
the user to make informed decisions about how to compartmentalize
various parts of their digital life into separate domains.
I fully agree with genevieve on all he said, and I'm not sure if the answer
I quoted above is a good answer to his worries.
Lets avoid making conclusions about "dummies", I personally would say a lot
of people can make a much more secure setup using Qubes even if they are
completely inable to use a command line.
Bottom line IMO these days security can't be done by a layman, you NEED to be at least a power-user to avoid pain of "it is broken and I can't fix it".

I believe a computer user from 30 years ago would have an easier time than today's user simply due to them being used to using a CLI.