Hello Qubers,

I am having problems with a Debian 9 template on Qubes R3.2

The Debian 9 template is an upgraded Debian 8 from the repos as there is no
prebuilt D9 yet.   Each time I try to update it from Qubes VM Manager it fails
the first time  every time with error

Reading package lists... Done
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily
unavailable)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
Done.
Press Enter to shutdown the template, or Ctrl-C to just close this window.

The only way to get around this is to shutdown the template and immediately try
an update again.

Starting it up again, it it is very slow to connect, sitting at "0% [Working]"
for up to a minute before connecting to the repos and then slowly goes thorugh
them.

Any person know how to fix this so it updates first time with out problems?

Cubit