On Friday, 1 December 2017 20:19:16 UTC+11, Tom Zander  wrote:
> On Friday, 1 December 2017 07:38:06 CET Drew White wrote:
> > How can I set the Boot Delay so that I can see the POST screen before it
> > actually goes into an operating system please?
>
> That is handled and configured in the bios of your machine.

Why would a Virtual BIOS be handled by my hardware BIOS?

> Most peope want to see as little as possible of the POST (to them its just
> waiting).

I see it as that too at times, but I also want to have a delay at times,
something that can just be set for a guest so that it is visible for a short
time, instead of skipping past it all when I'm trying to get details of
attachments and the things that are recognised and more.

> You may check your bios config. It may be possible, it may not, I can’t tell.

Where do I find the BIOS config for the BIOS settings for Qubes?

> Bottom line, this has nothing to do with Qubes.

WQubes is XEN based, XEN handles the BIOS for the Guests, therefore Qubes is
where the settings need to be set for it.

> > Also, is there an easier way to Add a BIOS to Qubes config rather than
> > running a Custom Config all the time and having to use that in my manager
> > that I built?
>
> This line doesn’t parse for me. You may have picked the wrong names for
> technical terms, maybe it works better if you can describe whats you see in
> generic terms and what you want to happen in same.

I want an easy way.
I want to add a BIOS to Qubes too add to a Guest.
I don't want to have to change all these custom configs all the time then save
and run the guest.
I have 87 different BIOSs on this machine.

In QEMU I can easily set what BIOS to use. I just add it to the startup command
if I want to change it. Otherwise I just start.

Does that make more sense?