On Thursday, 4 January 2018 10:40:56 GMT 'Ahmed Al Aqtash' via qubes-users
wrote:
> In 3.2 you could allow network access in a template rather easily through
> the GUI, and thus be able to pull software from other destinations than
> just repos.

The same functionality is present in Qubes4, just not via a GUI.

open a terminal in dom0 (adminvm) and type;

qvm-prefs -s YOURVMNAME netvm sys-firewall

When you are done downloading consider unsetting the netvm with;
qvm-prefs -s YOURVMNAME netvm ""

I'll add the warning that you should be careful what you do in a TemplateVM,
anything you run or download has sudo and can install or change data which
then will cause all your VMs based on this template to be contaminated.
Be safe.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io