On Fri, January 12, 2018 1:04 pm, Tom Zander wrote:
> On Friday, 12 January 2018 11:18:19 GMT 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
>
>> Would it be of value if I went through the published Docs and added
>> these version headers? Should newer versions be added at the top (so 4.0
>> before 3.2 content)? 4.0 might just be "TBD".
>>

> I think that would be wonderful,
>

> my main issue is with the not knowing if the current docs are actually
> applicable still. If someone could do as much as flag known out of date
> content as 3.2 only, this would be a huge help.
>
> The problem of knowing / identifying what isn't actually applicable
> anymore is the main one that I think is causing pain right now.

I have a relatively good amount of experience so should be able to call
out which is which on sight. If not, I can I point that out too in the 4.0
TBD section.

To your point, some of these docs are pretty version specific.
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-r3-building/ as a possibly bad example.
It's similar to the 4.0 build procedure but at least the name should be
generalized then. I think I agree with you those should be separated. I'll
plan on skipping them for now.

I'm a bit concerned it's going to result in ugly looking documents too,
but at least by splitting out the contents now it will be easier in the
future to move into separate documents if we go that route.