On Mon, February 5, 2018 2:13 pm, Krišjānis Gross wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have recently installed Qubes 4.0 rc4 on a new 8th generation Intel
> hardware and have an issue that I would like to get help with.
>
> The issue is that graphics appear to be very very slow. Each time there
> is some visual activity on the screen it is vary 'laggy'. I noticed that
> whenever there is a GUI action, the process called Xorg is using 100% of
> one of the processor cores.

Haha I can definitely see it's using software rendering on that video.

The Xorg.0.log file confirms it with "[   131.769] (EE) AIGLX: reverting
to software rendering"

Looks like the kernel option got renamed. In your kernel command line, can
you try replacing "i915.preliminary_hw_support=1" with
"i915.alpha_support=1"?