I've installed Qubes 4 rc4 on an external hard drive.  It works pretty well.
However, I tried to run a game "FreeOrion" and received the following error
using the "personal" vm:

****************
Unable to create window.

SDL reported:
GLX is not supported
**************

I took a look at what drivers were loaded, and at least at the level of lsmod
in dom0. The difference between Qubes and my "regular" linux distribution (KDE
neon) was that under qubes, the module amdgpu was not loaded.

%lsmod | grep radeon

radeon        1658880 1
ttm            114688 1 radeon
i2c_algo_bit    16384 2 radeon, i915
drm_kms_helper 192512 2 radeon, i915
drm            438272 8 radeon, i915, ttm, drm_kms_helper

%lsmod | grep amd
amdkfd        147456 1
amd_iommu_v2   20480 1 amdkfd

After running "modprobe amdgpu" in dome0:

%lsmod | grep amd

amdgpu         2072567 0
amdkfd          147456 1
amd_iommu_v2     20480 1 amdkfd
ttm             114688 1 amdgpu, radeon
i2c_algo_bit     16384 2 amdgpu, radeon, i915
drm_kms_helper  192512 2 amdgpu, radeon, i915
drm             438272 8 amdgpu, radeon, i915, ttm, drm_kms_helper

I'm still not clear on how video works, since none of these show up when I run
lsmod in the personal vm or the fedora 26 template.  But in any case, nothing
changed when I then tried to run the game.  I closed the personal vm and
restarted it, but nothing changed.

lspci in dom0 reveals

Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Sun XT [Radeon HD
8670A/8670M/8690M / R5 M330 ?M430 /R7 M520] (rev 81)

(please excuse any typos, I'm having a little trouble copying and pasting text
from dom0, so I typed the above in by hand).

What should I try next?

Thanks,

billo