On Sunday, 17 December 2017 12:16:04 UTC, Tom Zander  wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 December 2017 03:25:46 CET Yuraeitha wrote:
> > Initially, this is all the reasons I can think of for wanting V-GPU.
> > - Extending a single Qubes machine around the house or company, using
> > multiple of screens, keyboards/mouses or other thinkable means.
>
> This sounds inherently unsafe.
> Not sure what your usecase is, but there has to be a better way than
> allowing a multitude of foreign, not-directly-connected hardware from
> accessing various very security sensitive channels.

> > - Cryptocoin miners who wish to utilize a single machine
> > for all round purposes.
>
> To build a proper crypto-mining rig based on GPUs, you would not run an OS
> on the machine. It literally drains money out of your system to use it on
> the same hardware as you main desktop.
> If you install 8 GPUs on a mainboard, you have to realize that the mainboard
> ends up costing a fraction of the total.
> Reusing it for non-mining purposes (while mining) just doesn't make any
> sense. Both from an economics as well as a security point of view.

I think it makes sense it you are on a budget. But you do not need GPU
path-through, you only need CUDA interface, so I believe it is already feasible
today.

Use the integrated GPU for Dom0 and all your work VMs.
Have a MiningVM with all the other GPU attached to it.
However ,you probably want a kvm switch to distance yourself from your new
radiator and noise generator.