On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 11:17:48 PM UTC+1, cub...@tutamail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Could anyone help me with figuring out how to set one of the custom display
> resolution as startup default?
>
> Qubes 4.0 rc 4 comes with many predefined resolutions but unfortunately only
> one with the aspect ration of 16:9.
>
> I then created various custom resolution modes and added them to desplay
> options. I used the following commands:
> cvt - to get new mode parameters
> xrandr --newmode - to define new resolution mode
> xrandr --addmode - to add newly defined resolution mode to deplay drop-down
> box
> xrandr --output - to apply new, desired resolution to the current display.
>
> What I can't work out is how to make of my new, custom resolution to be used
> by qubes-os as default.
> What qubes-os configuration files should I modify and how in order to achieve
> that? Do I need to interfere with xen.config?
>
> If you already have a solution please share.
>
> Thank you
> Paul

I must have brainfarts today, I keep remembering things I should have mentioned.

In order to execute your scripts inside an AppVM, with keyboard controls
located in dom0 or sys-usb, you'll need to use something like this, a command
that executes a command inside your AppVM.

If the command in the AppVM is small enough, then you can also bypass the
script in the AppVM entirely, and just execute the command directly from the
keybind in dom0, instead of executing a full script.

You might have to modify it a bit, it can be a bit erm, how to put it, special
at times. But once you have the right modified command down, you just need to
back it up so you don't loose it again.

qvm-run AppVM "gnome-terminal -e command-to-execute -options, etc."
qvm-run AppVM "terminal" etc.
qvm-run AppVM bash etc.

Basically, it depends on the AppVM's terminal, bash and PID logic, and what
not. Try experiment with it.