On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 9:43:17 AM UTC+1, Daniil .Travnikov wrote:
> I can't install Qubes Release 4.0-rc4 in some reason.
>

> I use the Rufus tool for “DD image” on 8 GB Flash Drive, after that I see in
> Boot Menu this 2 kind of select:
> ---
> EFI:JetFlashTranscend 8GB 1100HD(Part1,Sig2161DF44)
> JetFlashTranscend 8GB 1100
> ---
>

> When I choose the 1st one with EFI:... it's showing some black screen:
> ---
> Xen 4.8.3 (c/s) EFI loader
> Using configuration file 'BOOTX64.cfg'
> vmlinuz: 0x000000008a01f000-0x000000008a71adb8
> initrd.img: 0x0000000088c6f000-0x000000008a01e64c
> ---
> and after that just rebooting.
>

> But when I choose another JetFlash... it's showing Menu where I can choose
> Install methods. I am choosing Install Qubes R4.0-rc4 and see black screen:
> ---
> ---
> and after that flickering cursor on whole black sreen and rebooting.
>

> How and what I must fix?

Not all hardware systems (UEFI firmware etc.) can boot up Qubes (or even other
Linux distro's), even if you disable the secure boot and other various settings
that can cause issues, it might still not be possible. So there is a "risk"
that you can't get the UEFI boot to work. Though it may also just be a rogue
setting you need to change, but even so, it might still prove impossible in the
end.

Did you try install with LegacyBIOS/Grub? New isn't always better, and UEFI/EFI
is by no means bug free, unexploitable or more stable, so this is a scenario
where new really isn't "better". For that matter, LegacyBIOS/Grub is pretty
much its equal when it comes to security, stability and reliability, if not
better.

Booting with Grub or similar Linux boot manaters is also more versatile, you
can easier change kernel/xen versions during boot, if you one day should need
to. If you use UEFI/EFI, then it's a bit annoying having to kind of "hack" your
own system with a live-boot medium just to change the configuration file. Not
that it's very difficult, it's just annoying, and it may also be difficult for
the first time a person needs to do it.

Try LegacyBIOS/Grub boot instead, see if it gives you better results. This also
has another benefit being you can also easier enable/disable graphic drivers
and such in the Grub menu, which makes it easier to troubleshoot the issue by
trial and error'ing.

btw, does your hardware meet Qubes 4 minimum hardware recommendations? (It's
not a question of work-power here, but required features), and are these
features enabled in your BIOS/UEFI? Is it new hardware? Old hardware? Have you
successfully run any Linux distry on it in the past?