Hello,

Am 07.03.2018 7:28 vorm. schrieb "'我' via qubes-users" <
qubes-users@googlegroups.com>:

Hello.

I installed Qubes3.2 on my MacBook 2009 late. But I could not use WiFi.
So I want to buy a new laptop for qubes4. What laptop is recommended?

How about libreboot T400?
https://minifree.org/product/libreboot-t400/

My suggestion would be get a Thinkpad, which is on both "compatibility
lists" (HCL - Hardware Compatibility List)

1) Coreboot HCL
https://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards

2) Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/

As you haven't provided any information what you want to do on your Laptop
and which form factor and battery runtime is right for you, nobody can give
an advice.
What are your requirements?

As always in live it's about finding the right trade-off.

I have two Laptops, one 12" with Core i5 and 16GB RAM, working WWAN and a
very long battery runtime and a 15" with Core i7 / 32 GB RAM and a
3K-Display.
Using the 12" much more and haven't run into any performance issues.
Only recommendation: if possible grab 16 GB RAM, feels right.

[799]