Hi,

I'm using R4 (having never used R3) and trying to get my scanner working but it
stops scanning a page half way through.  After debugging with the author of the
scanner software they say the program asks for 128 KBytes of data and the first
256 bytes of this data is dropped (lost).

To fix this I've tried:
1) Turning off USB 3.0 in BIOS (unfortunately this isn't really an option as
all the external ports are disabled).  It doesn't revert back to USB 2.0
2) Set the ports to USB 2.0 via setpci:

```
lspci -nn | grep USB | cut -d '[' -f3 | cut -d ']' -f1 | xargs -I@ setpci -H1
-d @ d0.l=0
```

Unfortunately neither of those made a difference.  Using the scanner/software
in Windows on a different computer works.

I'm currently running a Qubes backup and then I'll try installing Ubuntu and
see if that works.  If so would seem to be related to Qubes.

Does anyone have any ideas?  My laptop is a Dell e7440 with the latest BIOS.

Thanks,

Glen