On 03/13/2018 11:05 PM, brendan.h...@gmail.com wrote:

If I pull the WiFi card out and don’t connect the Ethernet port to anything,
then I configure qubes to use only a usb WiFi adapter (as I indicated above),
I’m pretty sure that the ME engine won’t be able to use any of the three
network interfaces to phone home. For ME to work over a network, it has to have
a driver for the network adapter. It is unlikely to have one for the USB
adapter.
I would re-read what I stated before - a hypothetical backdoor can easily use simple P2P DMA writes it doesn't need drivers.

Don't you think the makers of such a thing would have planned for such a contingency? many people use USB mobile internet cards or wifi adapters.
I’m pretty sure that ME is one reason Lenovo firmware has a WiFi card whitelist.
No its to get people to buy their own card upgrades (ex: $100+ at purchase) instead of cheaper ones under the guise of FCC rules, it existed long before ME.