On Mon, March 19, 2018 5:03 pm, Giulio wrote:

> In summary,
> are the TPM benefits enough to forcw me to keep the ME? I know this may be
> more subjective depending on everyone's own threat model but i would like
> to hear opinions on it.

Like you said, depends on threat model. TPM would allow you to use
Anti-Evil Maid in Qubes, which helps prevent local tampering with the
device. There are some other measures that can also help deter local
tampering such as keeping GRUB/boot off local storage or SED (depending
how much you trust your manufacturer's implementation).

ME with AMT and known and potentially more unknown exploits permits
remote/network tampering with the device. ME without AMT and unknown
exploits may also permit remote/network tampering or escalations of
privilege. Since the source code is closed, there's no way for an end-user
to be sure.