On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 9:23:38 AM UTC-4, Unman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 08:14:33PM -0700, cooloutac wrote:

> > > Rich,  can you confirm you're using 3.2?
> > >
> > > How are you downloading the iso?
> > > Are you doing this as root or user?
> > > Where are you trying to download it to?
> > >
> > > As you have enough space in /home my guess is that you are using /tmp
> > > or /dev/shm
> > > If you run df in the qube you're using WHILE the download is running,
> > > you should see the free space moving down as the download progresses.
> > > Can you check this and report back?
> >
> > Yes i'm definitely using 3.2.
> >
> >   it starts off as 4.3 or 4.7 available I believe available out of 10.5gb.
> > no matter what I set private storage to. its the system storage.    I
> > remember marek showing how to increase the temp file storage size when
> > having a diff issue a few qubes versions ago,  when I use to have the issue
> > of playing long video streams cutting off using fedora.  I forget how maybe
> > similar issue here? But it doesn't matter which appvm or template I use.
> >

> > and yes i can see the available space slowly doing down as downloading.
> > using df-h or just watching in file manager.
> >
> > I'm trying to download the iso from any vm,  using any template.  loading
> > firefox or google chrome and clicking on the iso.  they all have the same
> > problem.   I'd really have ot hate to use some other operating system just
> > to download 4.0,  almost seems like a joke on qubes users, that the extra
> > 100mb's puts me over the top and it fails to download lol.
> >
> > I mean I do have media qubes with 100s of gbs of data in there.  But they
> > were copied to vms from usb devices and I did have to increase private
> > storage size.  this seems to be a diff issue.
> >

> I'm a little confused by what you are saying - what does "its the system
> storage" mean?
> Can you post the output from 'df -h ', and also what value you have set the
> private storage to .
>
> I recommend that you use a single qube for this, rather thsan trying
> many templates and many qubes. It will really help with troubleshooting
> your problem.
> So please say also what template you are using and whether you are using
> testing repos.

when you download a file from the internet using a browser it uses temp
storage.  Can you tell me how to increase it please!?!?!   I can't fine Mareks
old post telling me how to do it from the commandline in the past.   The bug I
used to have when playing long streams was fixed.   But Now apparently a
similar problem is back when Trying to download this 4.0 iso.

I could never stand your posts on this "forum",  and if you are the main dev on
this project now it might be time to abandon Qubes-os.