Stumpy <stu...@posteo.co> schrieb am Do., 29. März 2018, 03:01:

> On 09.03.2018 00:57, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> > [...]
> > The reason things break and you need to re-compile every time you
> > update your kernel with a new nvidia card in your system is because
> > they make an effort to slow down the nouveau project and in the case
> > of their brand new cards entirely block it via hardware code signing
> > enforcement and not even providing any firmware blobs.

[...]

Honestly, I think this should be mentioned somewhere within the Qubes Docs,
maybe a dedicated section "Not recommended Hardware" or something like
"Hardware tries to keep you unsecure".

The only way to stop those brands is to speak about it.

We are also having issues with Nvidia in our bigger desktop virtualization
projects as customers need to buy not only the server based graphic card
but also licensing and subscription...

"Nvidia, you're fired!"

[799]