Upgraded to 4.0.  was able to restore all my backup vms no problems.

Only issues i had was had to keep doing qvm-appmenus-sync on vms.

Another problem was I selected whonix as updatevm during installation,  which
meant fedora-26 didn't update.   I believe this is a known issue?

I followed suggestion here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/failed$20to$20synchronize$20cache$20%7Csort:date/qubes-users/gLqORddxb-Y/VEe-SNwCBAAJ
   and made all qubes update proxy entries changed from sys-whonix  to
sys-firewall.

But does this mean dom0 is not really using tor to update?  Is whonix even
using tor to update after doing this?  I'm confused.

Also I managed to figure out how to created a new dvm template based off a
cloned os template.

And i won't go into all the bugs with the qube-manager I'm sure they are known.
  Like organizing by vm type is not the same as in 3.2 and its very confusing
having to keep refresh it.

But its driving me nuts that the default fedora-26-dvm always shows updates
pending. and I don't know how to get rid of it.  I even changed its template
and it still shows updates pending and it won't let me delete altogether so I
can just use my custom one.

Any solution to this?

Thanks

Rich.