Thank you very much for answering the qubesthrowaway's questions !
Regarding
> Some of us G505s users are putting together a page with tips on
Coreboot and Qubes, but I'm not sure where it will end up yet
- sorry for delay! we just got a bit distracted with KolibriOS driver stuff
(will be really awesome if that assembly network driver becomes a reality!),
in the same time we would like to
1) upgrade the LZMA libraries of coreboot/seabios - the currently used
ones are very very outdated
2) add paq8px compression support for putting even more useful stuff
to our small 4 MB BIOS chips
By the way it could be possible to upgrade a BIOS chip to 8 MB or even
to 16 MB ;-)
Asterysk has been trying to test this but accidentally damaged a
copper track on his motherboard,
so its going to take a while before we find out the answer to this question.
Ideally we'd like to stay at 4 MB, because if some of us would be
sitting at 8 MB / 16 MB
while everyone else is at 4 MB BIOS chips - that would result in
unnecessary fragmentation,
so more of our efforts should be going towards those "compression methods".
On average, paq8px is 25% better compression than LZMA used by coreboot/SeaBIOS,
but it is much slower - perhaps it is going to take about 3 minutes to
extract 1.44MB KolibriOS floppy
to boot it, although we have not tested this on bare metal (from
coreboot) yet - could be faster!
There are also some extra challenges, e.g. paq8px sources are C++ but
coreboot is C
and doesn't even have g++ in its' toolchains, so I'm unsure how to
merge them together.
And using a "random g++" provided by some distro does not guarantee
that this will be bootable.
Maybe you know a great way of how to put C++ code into coreboot and
make it compile?

Best regards,
Ivan Ivanov aka qmastery