Hello,

G <giu...@anche.no> schrieb am Di., 27. März 2018, 20:10:

> since it took a while for me to sum up all piece and a lot of trial and
> error to get the whole setup working i took some notes to help other who
> want to try something similar.
> Please note that everything written there is public domain (so
> copy-edit-whatever).
>
> https://git.lsd.cat/g/thinpkad-coreboot-qubes
> <https://git.lsd.cat/g/thinkad-coreboot-qubes>

Nice how-to, I'm currently writing something similar for my X230.

Would you mind adding your howto to the Qubes Community doc repository,
which we've established to work on howtos and docs until they're easy to be
migrated to the official Qubes Docs.
If you agree, I can also add your notes there, mentioning you as the
original author.

I did it today in a hurry so any feedback, modification or contribution
> is welcome.

I'd like to use grub as payload but without using encrypted boot as I am
afraid to damage my production Qubes environment and loosing time fixing it.

What do I need to do, if I would like to just use Grub and leave my boot
untouched?

As far as I understand the benefit of having Grub as payload is to be able
to encrypt /boot.
Does this mean than include that it makes no sense to run Grub instead of
SeaBIOS without having boot encrypted?

[799]