On Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 3:17:47 PM UTC-4, p.o.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> That's odd.  It doesn't work for me with templates that I have with
> non-default names.  That's why I was asking this question.
>
> There's no instructions out there about which qubes packages need updating or
> installing, nor are there instructions about how to update the Qubes
> repositories.
>
> This is the kind of thing that I was asking about.  Without knowing all that
> info it doesn't matter if the template has a non-default name or not.

hmm maybe i'm wrong then.  In my fedora 26 clone.   there is a file called
qubes-r4.repo  contains :

[qubes-vm-r4.0-current-testing]
name = Qubes OS Repository for VM (updates-testing)
baseurl = https://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/current-testing/vm/fc$releasever
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-qubes-4-primary
skip_if_unavailable=False
gpgcheck = 1
enabled=0

[qubes-vm-r4.0-security-testing]
name = Qubes OS Repository for VM (security-testing)
baseurl = https://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/security-testing/vm/fc$releasever
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-qubes-4-primary
skip_if_unavailable=False
gpgcheck = 1
enabled=1

[qubes-vm-r4.0-unstable]
name = Qubes OS Repository for VM (unstable)
baseurl = http://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/unstable/vm/fc$releasever
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-qubes-4-unstable
gpgcheck = 1
enabled=0